Are you interested in getting more involved with Philly SHRM? Philly SHRM provides a variety of volunteer opportunities. Our board is made up of three key areas; Chapter Operations, Strategic Initiatives, and Programming. Within these three focused areas, are many committees to help keep the Philly SHRM Chapter thriving, but in order to do that, we depend on our members to volunteer and get involved.
With your support, we continue to successfully meet the needs of our members. Volunteering is a perfect way for you to make a difference in the region’s HR community and to network with Philadelphia’s most Senior Human Resource professionals.
Philly SHRM welcomes all levels of volunteers, from those whom can commit to only one event to those who would like to volunteer on a more regular basis supporting ongoing activities. For members looking for a more robust opportunity, you can become a committee chair member and be a part of a lot of events. We are flexible and appreciate you giving the time that works best for you.
While giving unselfishly is one of the greatest reasons to volunteer, below are a few added benefits for individuals professionally who volunteer for our premier organization.
- Staying abreast of cutting edge Human Resource practices
- Having Philadelphia’s Senior HR Leaders at your disposal
- Being a part of a premier organization consisting of over 1,300 members
- Bringing your HR ideas and thoughts to life
- Having your voice not only heard, but implemented through strategic initiatives and programming with our chapter
Call for Volunteers:
Now is the time to act! Serving as a volunteer is an excellent way to impact where Business and HR connect. We are looking for volunteers to support various committees within the chapter for 2018-2019. This is your chance to share your talents or hone a new skill set while connecting with other HR & business professionals from the Greater Philadelphia area.
Check out the open volunteer roles:
Symposium Programming Committee
Responsible for planning PSHRM’s flagship annual event – a two day conference in downtown Philadelphia that connects over 500 HR and Business professionals. Our goal is to provide quality, thought-provoking programming that inspires attendees to ignite their influence in their own organizations.
We are looking for 2 volunteers for our committee to serve as liaisons with our speakers and help with general programming and symposium logistics. The time commitment is approximately 2 hours per week, with things picking up as we move closer to the Symposium.
Finance and Analytics Committee
Responsible for financial reporting of PSHRM’s monthly operations. We will also begin to serve as the organizations data analytics team surrounding membership, programming, and sponsorship. Our goal is to provide guidance and tracking mechanisms to help with organizational decisions.
We are looking for 2 volunteers for our committee to help with initial analysis of data and help with developing tracking mechanisms. The time commitment is approximately 2 hours per week initially to get this project completed asap.
We are looking for 3-4 volunteers for our committee. Volunteer roles would be to attend events to represent Membership, reach out to existing members who have lapsed, or potentially speak with interested non-members.
Chapter Programming Committee
Philly SHRM Programming Committee equips and prepares HR and business leaders with new and in-depth skills, research, and knowledge to move their organizations forward. The Committee provides innovative and timely workshop style programs, focused on topics that enable our attendees to develop themselves, build key professional relationships, and build their organizations to thrive in today’s competitive landscape.
- Provide consistently high-quality professional development opportunities through in-person events and webinars.
- Provide HRCI and SHRM credits to help our members maintain their accreditation requirements.
- Provide meaningful networking opportunities to Philly SHRM members and event attendees.
Dedicated volunteers to assist with the event management process for day events and webinars.
Available Committee Roles:
- Programming Events Ambassador (2 needed)- Engages Programming Day event attendees to foster a welcoming programming experience. The Ambassador proactively greets and connects with attendees to ensure they’re having an exceptional experience, and offers information to help attendees stay connected to Philly SHRM through future events, membership, or other chapter offerings.
- Webinar Programming Assistant (1 needed)- Introduces speakers during webinars, speaker point of contact leading up to the session. Helps with finding and/or engaging speakers.
- Day Events Consultant (1 needed)- Supports Programming through finding and engaging speakers, providing speaker care and serving as a point-of-contact for speakers leading up to events, and during said events. Drafts event descriptions in collaboration with speakers to ensure timely submission for credits via SHRM and HRCI. Assists with on-site logistics, including welcoming attendees, speakers, and working with the event management company to troubleshoot any issues on the day of the event.
Time Commitment: 2 to 5 hours per month on average.
*Remember, you must be a member of Philly SHRM to volunteer. Not a member? Visit our membership page for more information.