Are you interested in getting more involved with Philly SHRM? Now is the time to act! Serving as a volunteer is an excellent way to impact where Business and HR connect. We are looking for volunteers to support various committees within the chapter for 2017-2018. This is your chance to share your talents or hone a new skill set while connecting with other HR & business professionals from the Greater Philadelphia area.
Check out the open volunteer roles:
Symposium Programming Committee
Responsible for planning PSHRM’s flagship annual event – a two day conference in downtown Philadelphia that connects over 500 HR and Business professionals. Our goal is to provide quality, thought-provoking programming that inspires attendees to ignite their influence in their own organizations.
We are looking for 4-6 volunteers for our committee to serve as liaisons with our speakers and help with general programming and symposium logistics. The time commitment is approximately 2 hours per week, with things picking up as we move closer to the Symposium.
Thought Leadership Committee (Entrepreneurial Engagement Committee)
Mission: To demystify human resources for the small business and entrepreneurial communities.
- Build out EE committee with volunteers that are passionate about the small business community and have an interest in finding ways to engage this group to bridge the gap between PSHRM and this untapped group.
- Build out the conversation on how PSHRM can provide value to the SMB/Ent. Community through specific content (written, webinars, panel events, happy hours).
- Be the value added HR resource for this community, which will drive membership, programming and symposium attendance. = $$$.
Volunteers Requested (6 total):
I’m looking for people who are passionate about the small business/entrepreneurial community and have an interest in engaging these groups.
- (2) Focused on forming relationships with corporations to engage their entrepreneurial engagement groups as well as universities to engage their entrepreneurship students and groups
- (2) Focused on forming relationships with local co-working spaces (i.e. WeWork, Benjamin’s Desk, etc.)
- (2) Focused on finding and attending local networking events where small business owners and entrepreneurs hang out.
* Time Commitment = 1-3 hour per week for a 30 minute update call weekly or bi-weekly, building out our relationships and events
Symposium Sponsorship Committee
Our responsibility is to sell sponsorships for our signature event, the Symposium, which takes place in early Spring 2018. Sponsorships range from $500 to $15k and many of them are filled by the same companies year after year.
Goal is to generate over $100k in sponsorships for this year
I need 8-10 committed volunteers and they will be asked to participate 1-2 hours per month.
Workforce Readiness Committee
Our committee supports PSHRM’s Platform:
To develop the skills, capabilities, and readiness of the workforce within the greater Philadelphia community in order to grow and strengthen the talent pipeline for our member and partner organizations.
Outcomes include creating a repository of workforce related programs; aligning PSHRM with established workforce related programs to create a partnership; contribute to thought leadership by producing a white paper and an article; developing an innovative platform for conversations.
Our immediate needs include supporting research and writing and supporting the platform development. Time commitment to include 3-5 hours per month depending on month.
Philly SHRM Chapter Programming (In-Person events and Webinars)
Philly SHRM Programming provides innovative and timely programs, focused on topics that enable our attendees to develop themselves, build key professional relationships, and build their organizations to thrive in today’s competitive landscape.
- Provide consistently high-quality professional development opportunities through in-person events and webinars.
- Provide HRCI and SHRM credits to help our members maintain their accreditation requirements.
- Provide meaningful networking opportunities to Philly SHRM members and event attendees.
Dedicated volunteers to assist with the event management process for day events and webinars.
Available Committee Roles
- Event Copy Creator/Editor- writing and editing event copy for marketing and certification submission purposes.
- Webinar Programming Volunteer- introduce speakers during webinars, speaker point of contact leading up to the session. Help with finding and/or engaging speakers.
- In-Person Event Volunteer- attend in-person programming events and assist with on-site logistics, including welcoming attendees, setting up event materials, serving as speaker point-of-contact. Help with finding and/or engaging speakers.
Time Commitment: 2 to 5 hours per month on average.
Click here to fill out our volunteer application.
*Remember, you must be a member of Philly SHRM to volunteer. Not a member? Visit our membership page for more information.