We Provide Professional Development & Networking Opportunities
Founded in 1949, Philly SHRM has provided professional development and networking opportunities for the area’s human resource practitioners for over a half a century. This organization is considered Super-Mega within the SHRM community and has been recognized as a Superior Merit chapter.
Today, we are comprised of over 1,400 members consistently each year from over 500 of the Philadelphia region’s finest companies. Ranging from students just entering the profession to the most senior human resource executives, the Chapter is committed to developing our people and our profession.
Our vision is to be the leading HR organization for connecting and developing professionals in the greater Philadelphia business community. Here’s how we plan to do that for you:
- Provide knowledge, services and leadership to you and the professional community by promoting current trends, best practices and new models that will stimulate individual and organizational success.
- Offer a variety of programs to give you professional development on cutting edge human resource issues and networking opportunities to forward your thinking and career.
- Afford opportunities for professional development through our volunteer committee chair positions, which allow you and SHRM to play an important role in the Philadelphia human resource community and the business community at large.
- Host a website and distribute a quarterly newsletter that is a robust resource of information and interaction for HR professionals.
- Create value for our members by introducing mentoring programs, certification study sessions and other resources that set you up for success in your job.
- Draw on the resources of SHRM to provide discounted fees for national and local membership, scholarships, and access to a variety of information resources.
To our current members, we say thank you. To our future members, we say join us! Browse our website or give us a call. Let us support you and your success as a strategic business partner in the Human Resource profession!
Check out the Philly SHRM Resource Guide to get your questions answered with just one click and a little scrolling.