Approved for 2 SHRM Professional Development Credits! Philly SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
This program has been approved for 2 (Business) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Philadelphia SHRM Professional Development Event
With a rapidly changing business market, business professionals have the difficult job of trying to balance business demands with the needs of the organization and its workforce. HR needs to be at the forefront of partnering with the business, and ensuring that effective leadership competencies are established and in alignment with organizational strategies to enable successful business outcomes. Strengthening leadership capabilities is one of today’s most critical needs and challenges that organizations face. So where do leadership capabilities and strategy intersect?
In this presentation, Philly SHRM has gathered a cross section of leaders from a variety of industries to share their expertise on leadership capabilities and how they enable business strategies to come to fruition. We will discuss how HR professionals can proactively engage their business clients to ensure that leaders have the competencies needed to strategically move their businesses forward. Key areas of focus from our panel of executives, include:
- How HR can develop organizational trust, through development of strong business acumen, in order to influence leadership and strategy.
- Linkage of the organizational strategy back to HR’s leadership development and capabilities practices and approaches.
- How HR can accelerate integration of business units through leadership driven, focused integration practices that allow business units to work cohesively in order to move the business forward.
- How strong leadership capabilities can change organizational culture, through development of strong cross functional teams.
Key Takeaways include:
- How HR can influence organizational leadership capabilities by first adding strategic value to the business.
- How to create the Leadership Connection, driven by leadership communications, from the CEO and senior leadership through to line managers.
- HR’s role in influencing innovation and thought leadership to turn organizational ideas into measureable impact in the areas of business outcomes, customer/client experience and revenue streams.
- Learn from executives about the changing role of HR, and how to be viewed as the respected internal consultant who is dedicated to talent.
- Building a culture of highly engaged employees and innovation to drive a stronger earnings and competitive advantages.
Moderator: Steve Hart, AVP, Human Resources, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Donna Venable, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Ricoh
- Heather Rickard, AVP, HR-Continuous Improvement, Lincoln Financial Group
- Brian Stocker, VP of Human Resources, West Pharmaceutical Services
- Kyle Campbell, AVP Talent and Learning, ACE Group
- Geetha Shankaran, Executive Director of Ops, Chase Card Services