This program has been approved for 2.25 Business credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Philadelphia SHRM Professional Development
Mergers & Acquisitions: Organizational Alignment and Change During M&A Transitions
Mergers and acquisitions have become commonplace business strategy. However, numerous studies show that many corporate mergers fail to produce the value intended and some result in significant value loss. Effective organizational alignment and integration are essential in strategically driving the success of mergers and acquisition efforts, going beyond exclusively business and financial goals and incorporating human capital strategy and the psychological and cultural implications inherent in any M&A process.
Organizations must lead all of the critical processes involved in preparing a company for integration and executing the actual reorganization. Please join this powerful session as a panel of experts share their insights into successfully designing, aligning and implementing the business, people management and change strategies during merger and acquisition initiatives and discuss the various complex transition challenges that need to be proactively managed as part of this process.
Attendees Will Learn:
- The essential components necessary for the successful design, alignment and integration of a merger and acquisition transition.
- The importance of incorporating an effective and comprehensive human capital strategy as part of the M&A process.
- The various complex transition and people management challenges that must be proactively managed throughout M&A initiatives.
- Orien N. Barnes, Director, New HR Business Activation, AmeriHealth Caritas
- David Hinkel, Director, Advisory Mergers & Acquisitions, PwC
- Kristine Freind, Sr. Director, HR Planning, Operations & Employee Engagement, U.S. Human Resources, AstraZeneca
- Scott F. Cooper, Partner, Blank Rome LLP, Practice Group Leader, Employment and Labor Law Practice Group
- Joseph P. Welsh, Esq., President and General Counsel, Center for Healthcare Information Research and Policy
Want to read more about M&A transitions? Check out these white papers:
- People Integration – Capturing M&A Value
- Why People Integration Continues to Dominate M&A Challenges