Join Philly SHRM and NAAAHR!
Join Philly SHRM and the Philadelphia Chapter of the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) for an interactive panel discussion with 4 local and prominent HR professionals.
Moderated by Philly SHRM President, Theresa Velykis, our panel will share their experiences of being a Black leader in HR and the challenges, opportunities, and successes that led them to this point. We’ll dive into the Black experience and how that intersects with their roles in leadership and HR, along with other topics like allyship, psychological safety, covering in the workplace, and retaining Black talent. Prior to the panel, there will be networking and refreshments and you don’t want to miss the opportunity to expand your network across two organizations. We hope to see you in person for this candid and important discussion.
Students should email email@example.com for a discount code for free registration.
Meet Our Panel
- Orien Barnes SHRM-SCP – CHOP
- Charity Hughes Ph.D., SHRM-SCP – Sellers Dorsey
- Danita Jones, PHR, SHRM-CP – Family Practice and Counseling Network
- Jameel Rush PHR, SHRM- CP – Google
- Theresa Velykis PHR, SHRM-CP (Moderator) Mastery Charter Schools
- 5:30-6:30 – Networking and Refreshments
- 6:30-7:30 – Panel Discussion
- 7:30 – 8:00 – Q&A followed by closing remarks
Thank you to our event partner: