Approved for 1.00 SHRM Professional Development Credits! Philly SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Approved for 1.00 General (HR) credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
Philly SHRM Webinar
Data analytics is the extraction of meaningful patterns and actionable insights from data, and their use to improve organizational decision-making. These improvements typically result in bottom-line and top-line benefits for organizations.
Data Analytics relies on specialized computer-based modeling, data warehousing, and statistics, among other areas. Visualization is also frequently employed to convey trends and other patterns and to overcome human cognitive limitations.
Use of data analytics is pervasive – across all industries and markets, and is used at the current frontier of competitive advantage. People analytics is effective along the entire life cycle of employee careers in the organization, to make more insightful and effective human resource management decisions.
This webinar can help you understand the importance of using and interpreting data to make better decisions for organizational efficiency.
- What is data analytics?
- Why data analytics is an important skill set in HR
- Understanding how to use data to gain organizational competitive advantage
- How data analytics can help human resource professionals make more insightful and effective decisions
- How Data analytics correlates to people analytics – the ability to make better recruitment, selection, and onboarding decisions
- How using data can help HR professionals better position, train, compensate and retain their employees using insights from analytics.
- Learn about data-driven best practices in organizations such as Google, Microsoft, Gap, Nielsen and BNY Mellon. (Case studies)
- Learn about popular software and tools used in data analytics
Speaker: Dr. Orakwue “Bay” Arinze
Dr. Orakwue “Bay” Arinze is a Professor of Management Information Systems in Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business. His current research interests include data mining, text mining and predictive analytics. Dr. Arinze has published numerous articles in the top peer-reviewed journals in his field and has received research grants from many private and public agencies including the National Science Foundation. He has consulted on many projects with clients including the City of Baltimore, Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cephalon and the U.S. Marine Corps, to name just a few. Dr. Arinze received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from London School of Economics (LSE) in the UK.